Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Thoughts....

I was at my grandma's funeral and I thought about a few things...

Grandma always put everyone before herself, and she loved seeing her family more than anything in the world....I think there are a lot of people who need to start living like that...

People would be so much more happy in life if they would put others first...if they would see that doing things for your family and friends is much more important that satisfying your personal needs and wants...

I truly believe I do this pretty well. I can do better, but generally I try and think of different ways to be with my friends and family....I like doing things for them and I am much more happy when they are happy.

I think this is a real weakness with so many people. They get caught up in their lives...they don't have time for friends. It is a mistake. I work a full time job, writing a thesis, and have many, many part time jobs....However, I spend more time with my friends and family than most....and most others only work their very NOT time consuming 40 hour a week job....

Moral of the story....make time for others. Help out others. Do everything you possibly can. It will make you much more happy in the long run....

7 comments:

Poison Pero said...

You are 100% correct, my friend.

Here's hoping you will take your own advice.....It is always the hardest thing to do.

Been there......And have failed to do so.

Mary said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma, Game. It sounds like she was a wonderful woman. How blessed you were to have her!

Sometimes it seems like we conduct ourselves in ways that guarantee unhappiness.

Chasing after material goods and not having time for people I care about doesn't do it for me.

In the end, happiness all comes down to loving and being loved. That's the best life has to offer. Everything else comes up short.

Anonymous said...

Kinda like when I tried to be around for you retards at the house? :)

I was going to call you when I got off work last night(since I couldnt make it), but figured I would leave you alone.

Seriously, my ex broke up with me cuz I was 'too old' to be around you guys.

The Game said...

ya, that can be a tough situation...
age is just a number but some see it as more than that...

Ron said...

Game, sorry to hear about your grandmother. My mother was a single mother early in my life and my grandmother was like my surrogate mother then. I miss her.
I must say that I keep to myself most of the time. I have moved so much due to my profession. After so many times of having to leave people that I truly loved and cared about(men and women)I guess I am a bit reticent to go through it all again. Unless you've been there, many times, I guess it is hard to understand. Be thankful for love, it's Gods' greatest gift.

The Game said...

I have moved a few times...so I kind of know what you are saying...but I'm sure over time and going over it more than a few times you have a deeper feeling on it...

realdebate said...

Sorry for your loss.