Tuesday, March 07, 2006

AIR AMERICA TUNED OUT?

AIR America is close to losing its New York flagship station - knocking Al Franken and his liberal colleagues off the air on their second anniversary.

The network has a two-year lease with WLIB (AM 1190) that is reportedly set to expire April 1 - and at least one reliable report says it is "extremely likely" the deal will not be renewed.

Awwwww...how sad. How can this be? Liberals are so much smarter than conservatives, they have better ideas, so much more to say.

The fact is that no one wants to hear emotional rants. People here drill Sean and Rush, but they combine for 38 million listeners a week. Numbers don't lie. Conservative talk radio eloquently takes on arguments, and NO, they do not simply spew talking points. That is why they are successful. If you want to hear talking points, try and find an Air America station.

You can comment with your opinions, but the numbers and FACTS do not lie.

5 comments:

Mike M said...

I thought I read somewhere recently (like in the last two weeks) that George Soros was going to bail out Air America? I can't remember where I saw this or I'd give the reference... Has anybody heard anything to that effect?

Actually, I have to vote for keeping AA on the airwaves for two reasons: First and most importantly, it's a shield to the rest of talk radio because as long as there's a prominent liberal voice to "counter" the conservative tilt of talk radio, it will be very hard for the fairness doctrine to be re-introduced. (if you don't know what that is, ask, and I'll explain, but for now I won't take the space)

Second, I think it's good for the conservative cause to have people hear Franken. His mindless followers will have something to do, and those who think independently and compare him to others will listen to him and realize he's full of hot air with few reasonable ideas or persuasive arguments.

Anonymous said...

Rush eloquently takes on arguments...as in debates? He actually writes into every interview contract that he wont have to debate. He's a fool. Sean, I havent had a chance to listen to his radio show.

Anonymous said...

Once again, a show of cluelessness by saying that Frnaken has no good ideas or arguments. Its why conservatives hate him. He attacks viciously, and with good argument.

jhbowden said...

I think Franken is funnier when he avoids argument and hits below the belt. Lately he's been way too self-righteous. The Lying Liars book seemed like a boring sermon compared to Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot, which I admit, is pretty damn funny.

Mike M said...

so what's a good idea Franken has? Why do you think it's good? I want to know what he is FOR, not what he is against, because we already know that.

"Attacking viciously" can apply to a rabid dog or a starving squirrel, so that isn't anything praiseworthy in and of itself. Can you give an example of one of his good ideas? Does he have any "ideas" that aren't based on either hatred of republicans, or have in any way their sole purpose the humiliation or demonization of George Bush or conservatives?

I know that's not an entirely fair question... if I was asked the same question about say, Michael Medved, I probably couldn't come up with a quick answer, even though I agree with much of what he says... But please try, and be honest...this is for posterity ;)