Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Barry Bonds


There is a book out giving more evidence that Barry Bonds took large amounts of steroids since 1998. Of course, anyone who has a brain knows that Bonds was taking steroids, but for those of you who are a bit "slow," maybe this will convince you.

Now, Bonds has disgraced the game and himself. He is a cheater and a liar. How anyone can stick up for him I'll never know.

But what do we do about it? The right thing to do seems to be to take away all his records and kick him out of the game. While we are at it, lets take away McGuire and Sosa's numbers too. But there are problems with that...

Steriods were not illegal in baseball at the time. There were no penalties. The Giants knew what he was doing, and let it go. So, how can we take those numbers away?

I really wish we could, and if Bonds does play and break Babe Ruth's or Hank Aaron's records for most homeruns, the entire country should boooo in unison. This is an issue we can come together as a country.

But wait....I forgot. Bonds is Black. Crap, I should just delete this entire post since I now see how racist it is. Hopefully no one on the Left looks at it.

5 comments:

Jim said...

It IS a dilemma that steroids has not up to now been against the rules or illegal. And what are you going to do about McGuire?

I'm not a rabid baseball fan, but I am in the Bay Area so I root for the Giants and A's. I think the best way to treat Bonds is to simply treat every home run as a "ho-hum" event. I think he should be embarassed out of the game. But his ego is huge, so I doubt he's going to just go away. That's what he SHOULD do.

The Game said...

I really do not think that is going to happen unless the pressure is soooooo great that he just can't take it. But if he admits it, I think that he then lied under oath, and can go to jail.

kubasio said...

...back down to human levels, but still levels far beyond his other steroid packed peers. He's got a helluva an eye son. He can spot the ball like no other. Steroids help him get them out of the park but his talent is self-evident. If I took a bunch of steroids I wouldn't be able to do what he does. Where are the props for his legal behavior? His denial an BSing is the worst part.

The Game said...

Joe, I was waiting for someone to make this lame ass argument.

I agreed in the past that steriods do not help hand eye coordination. Now it is reported one of the drugs he was taking might have actually helped his eye site.

Even if we can't agree on that...steriods gave him greater bat speed, more energy and alertness, and allowed him to stay free from injury for an entire season...after steriods...what happened? Ummmmmmm, he got hurt.

Joe, come up with a reason why Bonds went from hitting a homerun every 16 at bats to hitting one ever 8 at bats? .....especially when he is over the hill

The Game said...

steroids got him the numbers he has....period. He would have never hit over 70 homeruns in one year, he would have gotten hurt more, tired more, more pop ups, less homeruns....its rediculous to think otherwise