Sunday, July 09, 2006

Rudy for president?

What kind of Republican can win in 2008?
Do we need someone more conservative, more like a Reagan type (who won 49 states twice)???
Do we need a moderate? The country usually doesn't vote the same party in three times, so maybe you need someone that appeals to enough moderates and slight of left Democrats to keep the White House...
I believe that when you have a true, not afraid of the MSM and PC liberals conservative...someone who can articulate conservative values....you get a sure winner...Reagan proved it...
The problem is we don't have anyone like that....
I am afraid that if you throw a McCain or Rudy in there, you will piss off enough of the Conservative base, that you either get a Perrot character ruin it for the Right, or you just have lots of people on the Right stay home because they have no one to vote for...
I think a liberal is ALWAYS going to vote for the Democrat no matter how close the Republican gets to center (or even crosses to the Left)...
So, I don't think Rudy is a good choice...we will keep too many true conservatives away, and even though some liberals said they liked him, they will vote for ANYONE who has the (D) next to their name over ANYONE who has the (R)

4 comments:

jhbowden said...

I love Rudy. He's my first choice for POTUS in 2008.

I remember in 1995 when Rudy spotted Arafat moving toward a private box seat at the New York Philharmonic. Rudy had Arafat booted off the premises. Clinton and the New York Times said it was an embarrassment-- Giuliani didn't back down:

“I would not invite Yasir Arafat to anything, anywhere, anytime, anyplace. I don’t forget.”

"I'm proud of that decision I'd make it again, and the day I'd stop making it is the day I'd resign as mayor....When I write my memoirs, this is one of the things that I probably will be proudest of."

Rudy understands the terrorist threat. Rudy also stands for limited government and sending social issues back to the states. Rudy outpolls all of the Democrats best contenders, completely stomping Hillary Clinton. As a leader, he has proven to keep a level head during a crisis, unlike Mayor Nagin and other Democrats.

What's not to like? If he runs, I'm behind him.

The Game said...

I agree that he is tough on crime, he cleaned up New York city, and he is a great leader...
I was focusing on the fact that he is sociall liberal and that fact will turn off too many conservatives...
And do you think he would be able to remain as tough if he is being beat down every single day by the liberal media?

Anonymous said...

Rudi is tough on the appearance of crime, moved all the dirty parts of NYC into the shadows, but yes is a good leader.

jhbowden said...

Game--

We'll see what happens in the primary. I'll support Rudy. George Allen may be able to win the nomination if he plays his cards right and consolidates the social conservative vote, especially if the moderate vote is splintered between McCain, Giuliani, and Romney.

Unlike the last three, however, I'm not convinced Allen can defeat Hillary. America will forgive Rudy for the imperfections in his social life, but Allen's imperfections are more damaging. He had a noose hanging from a ficus tree in his office as a lawyer, along with a Confederate flag displayed on his home; I'm worried the Dems will paint him as a Tim McVeigh/David Koresh fringe element.