Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Highlights of the President's Speech tonight

Since the horror of 9/11, we have learned a great deal about the enemy. We have learned that they are evil and kill without mercy _ but not without purpose. We have learned that they form a global network of extremists who are driven by a perverted vision of Islam _ a totalitarian ideology that hates freedom, rejects tolerance and despises all dissent. And we have learned that their goal is to build a radical Islamic empire where women are prisoners in their homes, men are beaten for missing prayer meetings, and terrorists have a safe haven to plan and launch attacks on America and other civilized nations. The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century, and the calling of our generation.
Dead on. If you don't understand this, you don't understand the world you live in. Our enemies only goal is to make the entire world like them. You would think that liberals would be against people who oppress women, who are intolerant, who torture and kill. But, I guess being against anyone EXCEPT our country and OUR military doesn't fit in the gameplan......the gameplan where the ONLY objective is to get back power.

Whatever mistakes have been made in Iraq, the worst mistake would be to think that if we pulled out, the terrorists would leave us alone. They will not leave us alone. They will follow us. The safety of America depends on the outcome of the battle in the streets of Baghdad. Osama bin Laden calls this fight "the third world war" _ and he says that victory for the terrorists in Iraq will mean America's "defeat and disgrace forever."
If we yield Iraq to men like Bin Laden, our enemies will be emboldened ... they will gain a new safe haven ... and they will use Iraq's resources to fuel their extremist movement
Perfectly said, nothing more to add there...Dem's must really hate that paragraph, because to the average human being it makes total sense, and goes against everything the Left says about the war...

We have torn down the wall that kept law enforcement and intelligence from sharing information ... we have tightened security at our airports, seaports, and borders ... and we have created new programs to monitor enemy bank records and phone calls. Thanks to the hard work of our law enforcement and intelligence professionals, we have broken up terrorist cells in our midst and saved American lives.
And liberals fight him every step of the way. It is because of the thought process of the liberals, the thought that all these things that Bush does are bad, that we didn't know about 9-11 before it happened. All the lawyers and red tape between the CIA and FBI...all the rules about who we could talk to...and liberals still have not learned anything...still attacking Bush for keeping us safe. So, either they really don't understand how to keep America safe, or once again, they are simply saying anything that will get them power...I think it is the first one....they don't know how to keep us safe.
This struggle has been called a clash of civilizations. In truth, it is a struggle for civilization.
The line of the speech. Muslim terrorist want to destroy all Western civilization, anything that is not the way they want it. If anyone else was smart enough to see it, the entire civilized world could band together and get rid of all these a-holes.
There was much more, but my ADD is kicking in, that is enough for now.

7 comments:

Ron said...

One question. Just how are the islamofundies going to accomplish this world wide conversion? Have you ever considered this? This should be your primary question if this is your primary concern. Also note the Pres said it was more than a military battle which you totally ignored in your comments.

Marshal Art said...

How have they gotten as far as they have? By oppression of the masses, indoctrination of their young, and sweet talking potential converts. Now if you're wondering IF it can happen, you need to keep in mind that they aren't as concerned with total conversion as they are with having nothing but Muslim leftovers. That is, they'll kill all who won't convert, and what's left over will be only Muslims. If the point is CAN it happen, that's hardly an issue with which you should concern yourself. I'd like to think that there are enough with spine to insure that extremists won't succeed, and the others will eventually soften their positions and tire of the struggle, agreeing to live and let live.

Marshal Art said...

www.memrifilms.org gives good examples of what goes on in the Muslim world, with some people with brains at the end. memri is an outfit that takes news and commentary from the Middle East and translates it from it's Arabic and Farsi originals. It gives a good look at how they view the events of the world. Worth a visit. Then, one can decide just what techniques would work in making hay with non-military avenues. Lots of bullshit to overcome. Much matches the lunacy of western conspiracy idiots.

Ron said...

Marshall, credit where due. I have been off irritating other right wingers at various web sites. I have asked precisely the same question at 3 or 4 of them and you were the only one who had any kind of response at all.

"If the point is CAN it happen, that's hardly an issue with which you should concern yourself. I'd like to think that there are enough with spine to insure that extremists won't succeed, and the others will eventually soften their positions and tire of the struggle, agreeing to live and let live."

On that we can completely agree.(S*it that is twice in a week!:-))
The problem I have with statements like they want to take over the world or worldwide conversion et al is that it is pure fear mongering. There is no way in hell that they will come over here and succeed in taking away our churches, McRibs or girls gone wild videos. It aint gonna happen. That said there is no more chance we will kill all of them than there is that they will kill all of us. We need far more intelligent conversation if we are going to unite and solve our problem with the islamofundies. Don't get me wrong. I am not opposed to military action in absolutely necessary cases. I do think there are quite often far better and more effective ways.

First Hamas and Hezbollah are not the islamofundie types of which we speak. They have a different agenda than Al Queda. Each group requires a different approach and lumping them together is,to me, one big mistake we make.
I agree it is a serious problem that must be met but I have so far met only one conservative that would enter in a sensible dialogue on how to do it. Most only want to throw out the fear tactics and tell me how I side with the enemy and hate America. They will listen to nothing but total war. I can't have a conversation with people that knee jerk me as an evil liberal everytime I say something regardless of what it is.

I haven't been to memri films but I do go to memri.org and read on occasion. It is a good perspective type of site. I also encourage you to go to iranian.com. I think many would be suprised to find that much of Iran and the middle east is not in step with madmanjani. It is a real eye opener and makes you(hopefully)think again on how we best deal with this and what our proper path to victory is.

Kudos to you for your statements. It gives me hope that we may as a nation yet be able to unite with the best ideas from ALL of us in winning this battle.

Anonymous said...

Scorpion says---
Ron,you never irritate-your points are always more than enjoyable.Please continue to entertain on more of a regular basis.

Marshal Art said...

Ron,

There are extremists on both ends of the political spectrum. I don't believe that what I described isn't actually in effect to some degree. Those in charge have not shown to me that total annihilation of the radical Islamists is the goal, only that they're prepared to try if put in a position of need. I have every confidence that Bush & Co would like nothing better than to not have to deal with it, but that they recognize that it must be done. This post 9/11 attitude I find to be the "adult" attitude as it were, and not necessarily shared by their counterparts on the left. I also believe they are seeking ways to persuade the persuade-able even in the face of having few who are persuade-able. And that's just on the Islamic side.

I believe that all the various Islamofascist groups are more similar in their goals than you do, which we've spoken of before, though their specific agendas may favor each group's own specific ideas (if that makes sense). I think the similarites are: destroy Israel, then America and then convert the world. But each may indeed require tactics specific to each group. In this I agree.

I also agree that you may encounter right-wingers who aren't articulate or possessing of vision beyond rhetoric. I once worked with a guy with whom I was in almost total agreement, but I thought he was a pain in the ass for the way he'd argue the case. I didn't see him winning too many over. (Frankly, I wanted to have his membership card revoked and kick him out of the clubhouse.)

In any case, I'm not shocked to find agreement with you. You aren't necessarily a lib version of the above. At some other sites I visit, I spend more time mocking the opposition due to completely stupid statements and distortions that they constantly bring to the table. Pure debate with them is impossible, so I gleefully mock them. It's fun. They get really pissed. But I'd rather debate and explain and clarify, while they wanna just bash Bush and wallow in their BDS. Screw that.

Anyhow, bowling season is in full swing so my Wed nite comments will often be drunken ramblings. Enjoy.

Ron said...

Marshall, I understand that thing about people you would like to kick out of the movement. I have a few of them myself. There is a couple in town that were so angry I didn't agree with every word they said that they declared me a conservative. How insulting!:-)
Actually my girlfriend, who knows the me of today better than anybody said I actually in many ways was quite conservative. She said when things settle down and conservative go back to being truly conservatives that she thought I would be one. A Goldwater conservative not a Reagan/Bush conservative. I told her that a mix of conservative and liberal makes you a moderate. I have said all along I am a populist. Going from left to right I would be moderately left of center.