Monday, September 03, 2007

Poverty worsens in city; 26% live below the line

link
More failed liberalism. Every big city in the country is run by liberals. Milwaukee is feeling the effects of 20 plus years of failed liberalism.
Back in the 1980's Milwaukee and Wisconsin had some of the highest welfare benefits in the United States. People were moving here from all over, especially Chicago.
Now, you are on your third generation of living in learned helplessness. The third generation of people who have no desire or ability to work. That is why our poverty rate worsens. I was watching a local Sunday TV show. There were two black panelists. One usually liberal, one somewhat conservative.
I was happy to see both of them go after the PEOPLE who live in these neighborhoods, who don't go to school, who have kids at 15, who don't get married. Its a culture of failure and no one wants to talk about it. Black leaders are afraid to tell the people what they are doing is wrong.
The liberal solution, give them more stuff. It hasn't worked for over 40 years, I just wish that they would be given a good long dose of conservatism. I see, little by little, black leaders throwing in a little more conservatism here and there. That is the only way to save the inner cities.
Once again, liberalism has failed.

6 comments:

jhbowden said...

I was just bothered yesterday by homeless woman who was seven months pregnant. She said she wanted food. Since my friend was inside getting groceries at the Jewels at Roosevelt and Ashland, I had a few questions of my own. 1) Where is your husband? 2) Where is your family? 3) Where are your friends? 4) Why isn't your Church helping you out?

Clearly something wasn't adding up-- if you aren't getting help from the four classes of people above, they likely aren't helping you for a reason-- drugs, alcohol, et cetera. In response, she could only repeat her desperation, an evasiveness I found offensive. This gave me a frustrating feeling that whether I helped or didn't help, this person would continue to be damaged goods. So of course, I told her she would have to find help from someone else.

The philosophies of free love, free drugs, and feminism; of how social bonds are evil and government dependency is virtuous; of how being a victim is being in a state of blessedness -- are destroying real people in the real world. When you liberate people from family, from temperance, from religion, from education, from chasity, from business-- the end result isn't always pretty.

Scorpion said...

I was buying stamps awhile back at the post offce on Layton in Cudahy....a 30something woman sitting out front asked me for enough money for bus fare to get her heading home....while she lit another cigarette with a lighter that probably was more expensive than the amount of cash I had with me at the time.Her shoes and attire
cost more than my whole wardrobe. I reminded her if she could afford her tobacco and lighter she needed to keep a bit on the side for bus fare. She shrugged,and moved on to the old lady following me in the door.She was still there when I left with my purchase.It looked like everyone was telling her to go away.Again,she looked like she should have been assisting those she was bothering. Did I feel sorry
about her plight? I receive 10-12 mailings from charities all over the world every couple days asking for donations. This occurs because of what I do support.It won't be to
someone bothering people in front of the post office.JASON...your post is absolutely RIGHT ON........

hashfanatic said...

Did either of you bother to act in a community-minded manner and contact the authorities to report the panhandling in a public place, or did you just walk along after your useless interrogations and judgements and go home, without thinking of helping to clean up your community?

Would a simple call to the cops have really taken so long out of your day?

hashfanatic said...

Of course it is.

It actually asks you to DO SOMETHING, rather than whine.

Why would you ever respond to such a request?

The Game said...

what do you do Hash. I'm going to work to teach these kids.

Marshal Art said...

Actually, Game, I gotta say, Hashorama actually had a reasonable question for a change. It is more typical to simply walk away from people like these. On the other hand, both Jason and Scorp had the wherewithall to actually speak to the beggars and point out the obvious. That's not nothin'.