Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Poop cleaners

This was posted by a friend on my fantasy football web site...it is great: (sorry the spaces and returns are not in there...just read it)

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled It with seed. What a beauty of a bird feeder it is, as I filled it lovingly with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food. But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table ... everywhere! Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket. And others birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food. After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio. Soon, the back yard was like it used to be ... quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal. Now let's see .... Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, and free education and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen. Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; Your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English. Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to "press one" to hear my bank Talk to me in English, and people waving flags other Than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming In the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story...though the situation is not so black and white. Story is not complete either!

In the story, all the birds did was eat and poop. But, illegal immigrants work!! And, the jobs are offered by Americans!! Wallstreet supports these birds too! George Bush liked these birds too!

So, frieds - you have much bigger task of cleaning up!!

blamin said...

Ya, the Prez fell down on the job with this one.

I can't decide if he was trying to please the left or simply pander to potential voters.

I suspect it was a combination of the two, regardless, both strategies have a tendency to backfire. Especially attempting to please the left.

A Repub trying to please the left will never succeed. A Dem will just piss off a majority of “real” American voters.

blamin said...

I think this bit of allegory would be best compared to those in public housing. (Although you must admit there’s much in common with illegal immigration) Have you ever seen the total disregard for property that many, if not most, in public housing have for the property provided by the taxpayers of this country?

I don’t know if this disregard permeates the majority, or even half, of public housing tenants in this country, but I can guarantee whatever the percentage, its too high.

You’d think people would try to show a little pride in their homes. Most especially if it’s provided free of charge, or at a reduced price. After all, show a little gratitude.

But noooo, it’s all part of the “mentality” as discussed in previous posts. Not only are many recipients of handouts unappreciative, by god, they disserve more!!! Shit, if you get right down to it, many of these tenants would be held responsible for damages if they were normal paying customers. But they’re never held responsible, and are led to believe (by the Dempimps) that they have it coming and deserve more!

There’s a perfect example in my hometown, of a man in section eight housing, complaining to reporters about bugs in his home while surrounded by mounds of refuse, trash, dirty dishes, and garbage in his home! It never even occurred to this Dempimp puppet that if he cleaned up his home like a normal human being, the bug problem may lessen.

Anonymous said...

Strategy was simple: Hispanic votes!! It's not about 'pleasing' the left as blamin thinks! It's all about votes and corrupt politics.

Bush and republicans are not an exception. They would do anything to get votes and power.

blamin said...

American, it was all for the votes. Like I said, pandering tends to backfire.

I mean, lets get real, were any of the main stream media kind to Bush for his pandering? Now let’s compare that to the Media’s pandering to the Hilldabeast for her pandering.

Of course, none of this should matter to a-man-in-the-know. We all know what the deal is!

I find it amusing that you would disparage Bush for taking a play out of the Dem’s handbook. I mean Rush, Bill, Game, Jason, Marshall, and myself all gave him hell for the very same, when will you give the Dempimps for doing the same?

Anonymous said...

Blamin,
Am I missing something? What makes you think that I like Dems for their stand on Illegal immigration? I don't remember making any such statements here!!

At least, Dems are honest enough to admit that they support illegal immigration!! Many of them want open borders and amnesty for those who are living here. On the other hand, republicans talk tough but do nothing.

I don't listen to Rush. So, I can't say much. But, Bill? You meant Bil O'Reilly? Didn't he support comprehensive Immigration plan peddled by Bush? Did you miss it? And, where is the outarage on those who emply those illegals here? If you remove those 'magnets', the issue would be resolved much faster...don;t you think?? Don't tell me Bush couldn't do anything in his 2 terms even with republican senate till 2006.

Again, it takes a good leadership. Not the fake ones...

hashfanatic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.