Saturday, August 09, 2008

PLEASE READ: Charity golf outing for breast cancer

My sister in law is only 27 years old and has developed breast cancer. It is far enough along that she is going through a long list of medical procedures and that cost a great deal of money. We are having a golf outing (info below) to try and raise money.
What can you do to help?
1. Get a foursome together and golf in the tournament
2. Sponsor a hole
3. Donate prizes for a raffle
4. Donate money
5. Put this information on your blog

Below is the message I have been emailing out for the golf outing Bill and I are running for Angie. We are also trying to gather Hole Sponsors. We are looking for $50 donations from businesses/individuals; we will put up a poster on the hole to show they sponsored it. Also if you know of any people or businesses that would donate merchandise, we could include it in the raffle drawings we will have in the clubhouse after golf. We will have several hole events so if you know people that would like to get involved but not play in the outing, let me know. Our goal is to fill the course which would be 144 people. If you have any questions or need more details, feel free to give me a call 708-7771.

The 4 person scramble event will be held on Saturday, Sept 13 at Olde Highlander in Oconomowoc. It will be a 7:30am shotgun start. The cost will be $275 per foursome which will include 18 holes w/cart, door prizes, food and drink, prizes on certain holes (i.e. longest drive, closest to the pin, and longest putt), and of course plenty of laughs and good times had by all. We need all entries by Sept 2. Please let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to pass this on to others.

Here is a great site that is supporting our cause, check it out!!!!
http://www.pinkribbonreview.com/

4 comments:

Scorpion said...

GAME...WE ARE STARTING TO GET SOME GREAT PROMISES OF ASSISTANCE..KEEP THE WORD OUT AND GOOD THINGS ARE BOUND TO HAPPEN....

Anonymous said...

I'm a two time breast cancer survivor and blogger -- I write http://www.pinkribbonreview.com. I'd be happy to post about this on my site, but can't discern your location from this post!

Email me at pinkribbonreview at gmail dot com if you'd like me to help you promote this in a big way (and tell your sister in law about my site)!

Ron said...

I hope things work out well for her. That is way too young to be fighting that kind of battle. Good luck with your outing. Best wishes from NM.

blamin said...

My mother and step-mother has confronted this disease.

Mom beat it 30 years ago, my step mom is fighting it now. It's not looking too good.

My prayers are with yours and you.