Monday, August 11, 2008

Wisconsin State Fair Days 10 and 11: The Final Saturday and Sunday


The Mainstage review of Charlie Daniels and .38 Special: I was not aware of all the hits .38 Special racked up over the years. I guess many of them were second level hits, but there are quite a few such as Back Where you Belong, Second Chance, Somebody like you, and Like No other Night.
Charlie Daniels lost atleast 50 pounds and flew around the stage. He played for a solid hour, singing songs about hanging criminals, being proud of his country, his religion and his ability to play a fiddle better than the Devil.
The show finished off with Shooter Jennings, .38 Special and Charlie singing a song together in old Volunteer Jam fashion. The crowd of around 3900 had a great time.

The Mainstage review of the Kids from Wisconsin: The kids are a local version of Up with People. It's like a variety show stage show. I was surprised at how terrible it was. One of our security people was in Up with People and he said it was terrible as well. Way too cheesy for me, singing not that great, everything is generic and sounds the same. The kids bust their tails but I guess it is not my thing.

Final thoughts on the Fair: This might have been the best fair ever, atleast best in many years. There were NO problems at the Grandstand at all, I didn't even here any lies spread through the park about us this year. The shows ended at a reasonable time so I was able to get out and have a few drinks around the town afterward. The weather was perfect. It rained an hour one day and about 20 minutes two other days. It hit 89 once, otherwise great temps. I ate everything I wanted more than once, my family came to walk around three times, my son had a great time, I got to hang out with my dad for about 90 hours. Can't wait for it to be August 6th 2009!!!!

1 comments:

Scorpion said...

GAME...is it time for the fair yet?
Thanks for the "right on" reviews and highlights of this year's GREAT
fair.Your absolutely "right" ..this
year's fair was the best in years.