Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm back....and some bad news

I was out of town for about 36 hours.
I got home and had a message to call a school guidance councilor.
I thought, am I fired? Is something wrong?
I find out that a teacher at my school was stung by a bee and died!!!
It made me think a bit.
It's an old saying but: You have to live life to the fullest, you have to live every day as if it is your last.
If you want to get more schooling, sign up TODAY. Stop making excuses why you can't.
If you hate your job, get a new one.....period. That easy, end of story.
If you wanted to visit another country....stop wasting your money on crap and go there.
People waste days, weeks, months, years, lives!!!! Waiting til later to do something. Trying to figure out how to fill their time....
Not me, not ever.
Set goals, make plans, do all that you can.
You never know when it can all end.

7 comments:

Ron said...

My condolences too game and easily the wisest post you have ever written.

The Game said...

Thanks guys...now, when I was typing this I was thinking that this isn't anything that a million people haven't written before..but if you liked it, good.

Anonymous said...

Dont foget that you should take that 6 ft bee out to lunch before you let him sting you.

Dedanna said...

I agree with one thing at least on here, game. Good post. I hated my job of the last year, so got another one -- I found how surprisingly easy it is for one with diverse skills and a good employment history. The job I have now takes up the majority of my time, but at least I'm paid for it.

I'm able now to, over time, restore my old '87 Acura Legend LS; in the end, it may turn out to be a race car. It's going to take time, and a lot of money, but a whole lot less than it would if I were to buy a new car, and the car I'm restoring is a lot better in many ways than a new car.

I'm sorry for the teacher who died; thoughts similar to yours when something like this happens come up for many. Was this a friend of yours?

Jay Bullock said...

My condolences. Is this someone I would know? I don't know that many teachers at your school, but I do know much of the English dept there.

Ron said...

Game, yes it has been written before but firsthand experience and knowing someone with firsthand experience can sometimes make people sit up and pay attention. Live, love, care and help make it easier for your fellow man to do the same. It can never be said too often.

Marshal Art said...

I sense a consensus. Mark those calenders.